A & P Worldchoice Travel Ltd registered and trading in Cyprus as Atlas Travel & Tours understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information.
Atlas Travel & Tours is an independent travel agency that issues travel documents in the sole capacity as an agent for the supplier (airline, hotel, cruise company, excursion company, transfer company, etc) as indicated in travel documents, quotes or other communication.
As the agent of the supplier we need to collect & disclose personal information in order to preform our business functions & activities including making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers.
We will be a "data controller" for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) as in providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been provided by you for the business purpose.
We are highly committed in protecting your personal data and privacy via various physical, technological, electronical and other relevant controls in place.
By providing any of your personal information to our official email correspondences, entering and submitting them on our website, over official phone calls, by written documents to the authorised personnel and by any other means, you agree that the below stated privacy policies are understood and will apply to how we handle your details. You also consent to us collecting, using & disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Privacy Notice.
1.What personal information do we collect?
Any information that is necessary to facilitate your booking and to confirm any travel related product or service on behalf of you will be collected, used and disclosed to the relevant parties.
We therefore typically process the following types of personal information about you:
- Basic contact information of the main and other travellers in the same party. This includes, your name and the names of the passengers accompanying you, residential or mailing addresses, contact numbers including residential and mobile and email addresses
- Passport details
- Payment details - credit or debit card details, including the type of the card, number of the card, security / pin number and expiry date
- Frequent flyer details including any loyalty programme
- Information about your dietary requirements and health issues, if necessary
- Other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service providers. For example, airlines, accommodation provider, cruise companies, tour operator etc.
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of the policy and consent to you acting on their behalf in your dealings with us.
Only children aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
2.How do we collect your personal information?
We will only collect your personal information from the information you submit during the course of your relationship with us to be able to carry out our regular business functions. Generally, the below listed sources will be used to collect your personal information:
- When you enquire with us either in person, by telephone, letter, email for any travel related purposes
- When you connect with us through social media
- When you visit our website
We may collect personal information about you.
- When you purchase, book or make enquiries about travel arrangements or other products or services.
- When you submit your personal information via our website
- When you get in touch with us via our official social media channels
- When you participate in any of our competitions via website or our social media channels
- When you subscribe to our newsletters to receive our promotions and marketing materials
- When you request brochure downloads or other information
- When a third party is booking or confirming a travel arrangement on behalf of you. For example, someone making a booking for a family or a group of friends
It becomes your responsibility to keep us informed with immediate effect in instances where your personal information is shared with us by a third party without your consent.
3.How do we use your personal information?
We will only process your information, where:
- You have given your consent to such processing
- The processing is necessary to provide our services to you.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal information
- On confirming your booking we need to process your payment either through our POS Terminal (eg JCC) or direct with the supplier.
In detail: When you book or otherwise arrange travel related products and services through us, we usually act as an agent for the relevant travel service providers (e.g. for a hotel). In this case, we process your personal information as necessary so as to provide the services you requested from us. This usually includes collecting personal information about you both for our internal purposes as described in this Notice and for the travel service provider for whom we act as agent (e.g. to provide you with the booked services). For example, if you book a flight through us, then we use your personal information to enable your flight to be booked and disclose it to the airline to enable the airline to provide the flight service to you.
We act as agent for or on behalf of many travel service providers, so it is not possible for us to set out in this Notice all of the travel service providers for whom we act or their locations. For more information about the disclosure of personal information to travel service providers located overseas, please refer to section 5 below.
At no time will Atlas Travel provide your personal information to a third party unless you have provided us your express consent.
If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your personal information to a travel service provider, or you wish to contact us for further information, please refer to the "Feedback / Complaints / Contact" section below (section 12).
The purposes for which we collect personal information further include:
- providing you with services and tools you choose to use (for example, saving travel preferences or saving personal information to be able to serve our customers better;
- identification of fraud or error;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- developing and improving our products and services and those of our related entities;
- servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, creating and maintaining a customer profile to enable our brands to service you better or presenting options on our website we think may interest you based on your browsing and preferences;
- involving you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you and/or the service we have provided;
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- for research and analysis in relation to our business and services, including but not limited to trends and preferences in sales and travel destinations and use of our websites;
- internal accounting and administration. To be able to send invoices and statements to you, and collect payments from you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel; and
- other purposes as authorised or required by law (e.g. to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or to enforce our legal rights).
4. Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
We do not and will not sell, rent out or trade your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the ways set out in this Notice and, in particular, as set out below, and in accordance with your local data protection laws. Note that, in this Notice, where we say "disclose", this includes to transfer, share (including verbally and in writing), send, or otherwise make available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity.
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- our contractors, suppliers and service providers, including without limitation:
- in each of the circumstances set out in section 3 ("How do we use your personal information?");
- suppliers of IT based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you (such as any external data hosting providers we may use);
- publishers, printers and distributors of marketing material;
- external business advisers (such as lawyers, accountants & auditors
- travel service providers such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, cruise companies, excursion companies, transfer handlers and other related service providers;
- any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- a person making your travel booking on your behalf, where you are travelling on a booking made on your behalf by another person (for example, a family member, friend or work colleague);
- your employer, where you are an employee of one of our corporate, business or government clients and you are participating in an event or travelling for work purposes;
- as required or authorised by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations;
- customs and immigration to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel;
- government agencies and public authorities to comply with a valid and authorised request, including a court order or other valid legal process;
- various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes; and
- Enforcement agencies where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), or where such disclosure is authorised or required by law (including applicable privacy / data protection laws).
On our websites, you may choose to use certain features that can be accessed through, or for which we partner with, other entities that are not otherwise affiliated with us. These features, which include social networking and geo-location tools, are operated by third parties, including social networks, and are clearly identified as such. These third parties may use or share personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. We strongly suggest you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
5. Is personal information transferred overseas?
It may be necessary to pass your booking details to third parties, such as airlines, hotels, transfer companies, cruise companies & excursion providers, situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to preform our contract with you. We deal with many different travel service providers all over the world, so the location of a travel service provider relevant to your personal information will depend on the travel services being provided. The relevant travel service providers will in most cases receive your personal information in the country in which they will provide the services to you or in which their businesses or management is based.
Whenever we do so we will try to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
6.Security of information
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are committed to safeguarding and protecting personal information and will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect any personal information provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. Atlas Travel has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect the personal information it holds from loss and misuse, and from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure and interference. Atlas Travel regularly reviews security technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information. Atlas Travel is not responsible for any third party’s actions or their security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for our business purposes, or as required by law.
7.Your rights in relation to the personal information we collect
- If you want to: update, modify, delete or get a copy of the personal details that we have on you; or
- Limit or stop us from utilising any of the personal details which we hold on you, as well as withdrawing any consent you have previously given to the handling of such details; or
- Where any personal information has been processed on the basis of your consent or as necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party, ask for a copy of such personal details in a suitable format.
You could ask for these by emailing us at the official address set out in our contact section of this Notice
We try to reply to such needs within a month or less, though we have the right to prolong this time for complex requests.
Kindly keep in mind that, if you ask that we limit or stop using personal details we hold on you, or remove a consent you have earlier provided to the handling of such details, this might impact our capability to offer services to you or negatively impact the services we can provide to you. For example, many travel reservations need to be made under the traveller’s full name and must include contact details and proper identification (e.g. passport details). We cannot make reservations for you without that information.
You should always supply accurate information and you agree to upgrade it whenever necessary. You also consent that, in the lack of any upgrade, we could presume that the details provided to us is correct, unless we become aware that it is not accurate.
In any of the circumstances mentioned above, we might ask that you verify your identity by supplying us with a copy of an authentic method of identification in order for us to abide by our security duties and to stop illegal release of personal details.
We reserve the right to deny you access for any reason permitted under applicable laws.
We reserve the right to charge you an administrative fee for any noticeably groundless or excessive requests regarding your access to your personal details, and for any extra copies of the personal details you request from us.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in interest of security, we may monitor and/or record
- Your telephone calls
- Customer activities using CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises
- Customer activities on our website
All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
Atlas Travel & Tours will only use your email address to contact you with information regarding your booking request, to update you on any schedule changes or amendments to your booking, to send you booking confirmations, invoices or electronic tickets and vouchers applicable to your booking. Atlas Travel may send you emails about new products, special offers or other travel related information.
We will not rent, sell or share your e mail address with any third party.
You can contact us at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the email address you want removed from our mailing list.
10.Tracking / Cookies
We may use certain third-party web analytic tools, technologies and services on our websites, social media channels and mobile apps in order to analyse the user’s behaviour on our online platforms.
Atlas Travel logs all activity on its web sites for:
- System administration reasons, i.e. tracking faults with the sites.
- For planning purposes – to monitor effectiveness of campaigns and to keep track of the most visited destinations.
This tracking will store the IP address of your computer and the pages you visit on our website. We will not associate this with any personal information and this information is only used for planning and troubleshooting. We use this information for our own purposes and do not pass this information on to third parties (with the exception of general trend information).
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. They may also be used to track your return visits to our sites.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to:
- keep track of you whilst you navigate the website
- prevent fraud and increase website security
We use Google Analytics to track the number of visitors and their behaviours on our website.
Social Media Channels and Integrations on the Websites
11.Links to Other Websites
Atlas Travel website may contain links to third party websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contact of such websites. However, once you have clicked a link and left our website it should be noted that we do not have control over that website. Thus, we are not responsible for the protection of any information you provide while visiting such a site. Please ensure that you read the privacy statement applicable to the respective website in question prior to providing personal information.
12. Feedback, Complaints and Concerns
If you have any enquiries, comments or complaints about this Notice or our handling of your personal information, or wish to inform us of a change or correction to your personal information, would like a copy of the information we collect on you or would like to raise a complaint or comment you can get in touch via phone, email and post:
Phone : 00357 26622530
Email : email@example.com
Post : PO BOX 66694, Pegeia 8591 Cyprus
We reserve the right to update our Privacy Notice from time to time.
If we make a change to the Notice, the revised version will be posted on our website. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes. If we update our Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 23 May 2018.